Caffeine is one of the most popular and commonly used drugs in the world and is consumed by up to 90% of the global population in some form or another. Despite caffeine’s frequent use, however, many people don’t really know how caffeine affects their health or even how much they are taking in on a daily basis.
The average person person consumes about 200 mg (about two, 8 oz. cups of coffee) per day. To help you determine how much caffeine you intake, some of the most common sources of caffeine are listed below with the average amount of caffeine they contain.
- brewed coffee (8 oz): 85 mg
- instant coffee (8 oz): 75 mg
- brewed or instant coffee (8 oz): 3 mg
- single shot of espresso (2 oz): 80 mg
- black tea (8 oz): 40 mg
- decaf black tea (8 oz): 4 mg
- green tea (8 oz): 40 mg
- dark, semi-sweet chocolate (1 oz): 20 mg
Continue reading “The Truth About Caffeine” →